Monday, June 30, 2008

Road Trip 2008

It's been a while since I've been traveling in the United States. The last trip I took was a semi-farewell to New Orleans about a month ago, and before that I caught a show in Atlanta, but certainly this trip will be the longest in mile terms and time since I've been in the U.S. Tomorrow, I'll leave Tuscaloosa and drive up US43, connect to the forthcoming Interstate 78, go through Memphis and then take I40 to Conway, Arkansas (it's about 20 minutes north of Little Rock, home of the Bill Clinton Presidential Library). I'll be catching up with a friend there and the plan is to either go to St Louis, MO for the 4th (and also visit Six Flags amusement park) or head south into Texas and go to Dallas, home of presidential assassinations, (and also visit Six Flags amusement park). Amusement parks are in my future. After the 4th, the plan is to take I40 all the way to Las Vegas, NV, where I have some recently moved friends. It's about a four day drive in total and on the way I'll be visiting various landmarks, which I'll write about.

I'm crossing my fingers that gas prices won't blow my budget and that my car will make it there and back, which it really needs to do. It's going to be hot out there.

1 comment:

tom said...

Gas prices! Wait till you get back to NZ before you start complaining about gas prices.