Monday, July 7, 2008

univision





Today was the longest driving day I've had in quite some time. I drove about 600 miles thru Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. I'm in Santa Fe, the state capital, which is about 40 miles north of Albuquerque. I decided to take a more scenic route on US 84. I'll write more about that later. I also drove on a few of the remaining pieces of the famous Route 66, which is now crumbling or dismantled in favor of I-40. You can also drive 75 miles per hour here. I haven't done that since Nebraska a few years back.

I have developed a severe head cold and compounded with my recent nose surgery, I feel miserable and am going to enjoy the Santa Fe beer I purchased. It's called "Chicken Killer" and is 10% alcohol. You can't buy beer that powerful in Alabama. I'll write more about that tomorrow, I think.

In the meantime I'm going to sip away, watch some Mexican TV in Spanish, and try and get some sleep. I'm in the Mountain Time Zone now, the often forgotten time zone, so it's still early.

One thing I like about traveling and staying in hotels is getting to watch Mexican soap operas (or telenovelas) on Univision or Telemundo. There are lots of dramatic pauses and stares into the distance. I have no idea what's going on in the one I'm watching, except that someone died and there seems to be a gunfight brewing.

1 comment:

dellyk1 said...

I'd kiss your nose to make it feel betta! :O